The Foundation was able to give 8 Scotty K Gifts in the amount of $5000 each and $5000 in individual scholarships to students.
- Bakersfield Christian High School Agriculture Department: The Grant will be used to purchase commercial greenhouse benches, which will provide students grow space to facilitate learning.
- Bakersfield High School Agriculture Department: The Grant will provide startup money to loan students to begin their first agriculture project. Many students do not have the resources to even begin their project.
- Bakersfield High School Avid Department: The Grant will help pay for students to attend pre-college summer enrichment programs on various campuses and help pay for students to travel to tour college campuses.
- East High School Agriculture Department: The Grant will fund the formation of a sustainable urban agriculture area. It will feature a hydroponic growing system, composting bin and other experimental growing methods
- Frontier High School Agriculture Department: The Grant will help to the purchase a walk-in floral cooler for the Floral Department.
- Independence High School Agriculture Department: The Grant will be used to purchase materials and supplies for Agriculture Mechanics projects and Livestock projects for students. This will provide Independence FFA an opportunity to establish a loan program for low-income students to fund their Ag Mechanics projects.
- Kern County Sheriff’s Activity Board: The Grant money will be used to support the organization programs to assist the youth of Kern County by exposing them to positive and constructive activities as a way for them to avoid some of the negative influences they might encounter such as gangs and drugs.
- Shafter High School Agriculture Department: The Grant will be used to purchase digital research microscopes with tablets.
- Information coming soon.